22/08/2011

Music jars ~ Frascos de música

As you probably know by now, we've been redecorating our home. The keywords for our style (actually, my style - Jerome just goes with the flow) are: 

~ minimal
~ modern
~ clean lines
~ white and neutrals with some spots of soft colours

One of the most important issues for me is keeping the flat surfaces clean and clutter-free. That includes my desk. The desk is supposed to have only the following on top of it:

~ the laptop or the netbook
~ a lamp
~ my sewing machine
~ one kardemumma vase with sewing utensils
~ two jars with office supplies


Como provavelmente já sabem, temos andado a redecorar a casa. As palavras-chave para o nosso estilo (na verdade, o meu estilo - o Jerome vai com a maré) são:

~ minimalista
~ moderno
~ linhas clean (simples e puras)
~ branco com tons neutros e alguns apontamentos de cores suaves

Uma das coisas mais importantes para mim é manter as superfícies horizontais limpas e livres de tralha. Isso inclui a minha secretária. A secretária é suposto ter apenas o seguinte:

~ o portátil grande ou o netbook
~ um candeeiro
~ a minha máquina de costura
~ um vaso kardemumma com utensílios de costura
~ dois frascos com materiais de escrita



The jars are repurposed glass ones, one bigger for my pens and pencils, and a smaller one for clips, erasers and pencil sharpeners. I wasn't happy with the jars, though - they seemed rather dull... But then I found the solution to make them more interesting on Iro's blog - and it has everything to do with me! Music jars!

You can see Iro's instructions here. I tweaked it a little, though, using adhesive transparent paper to protect the sheet music. And, as I'm a classical music lover and piano player, I chose the sheet music carefully! The selected was one of my favourite pieces ever, Ballade in the Form of Variations on a Norwegian Folk Song, Op. 24, by norwegian composer Edvard Grieg (you can listen to this piece here, if you'd like). For the labels, I used a green cardboard matching the green office walls (although I'm seriously thinking about painting the walls white).

Looks good, right?

Os frascos são frascos de vidro que aproveitei, um maior para as canetas e os lápis, e outro mais pequeno para os clips, borrachas e afia-lápis. Mas não estava contente com o aspecto dos frascos - pareciam-me extremamente aborrecidos... Mas então encontrei a solução para torná-los mais interessantes no blog da Iro - e tem tudo a ver comigo! Frascos de música!

Podem ver as instruções da Iro aqui. Alterei-as um bocadinho e usei papel autocolante transparente para proteger as pautas. E visto que sou uma apreciadora de música clássica e eu própria pianista amadora, escolhi uma das minhas peças favoritas, a Balada em Forma de Variações de uma Canção Popular Norueguesa, op. 24, do compositor norueguês Edvard Grieg (podem ouvir a peça aqui, se quiserem). Para as etiquetas usei cartolina verde que combina com as paredes verdes do escritório (se bem que estou seriamente a pensar pintar as paredes de branco).

Ficou giro, não ficou?


4 comentários:

  1. Ficaram super giros os teus frascos :)
    Haja muita música nas nossas vidas!
    Beijinhos

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Rita, I'm admiring both your creativity and how wonderfully you make your own personal interpretations of something you have seen and liked.

    I'm happy as I could be that both that blog post about the music jars and the mini prints have been of use to you!

    You did a fine job and am thanking you so dearly for having mentioned and linked to my blog and posts.

    Sending you big hugs,
    Iro, xo

    P.S: still dealing with issues here allowing for less time than I actually wish for to spend on my blog. I don't pressure things and know that all will come into schedule with some effort and the best of moods & intentions!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Ficou lindo!!!
    Gosto dessa forma de decoração: como diz- minimalista...
    beijos de MF

    ResponderEliminar
  4. luarte e Maria Filomena - muito obrigada!
    Iro - lovely, sweet and inspiring as always!

    ResponderEliminar

Obrigada pelo comentário!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...